Wednesday, May 03, 2006

When Pink Turn To Purple

I was wrong ... I am NOT the untouchable Mom ... I am NOT the Super Mom ...

I was infected by the Pink Eye . Got it from Rahman who got it from Uqbah who got it from Aziz who got it from dunno where.
The timing was just not right. My eyes started to feel the itchiness Saturday morning and the pink lines appeared. Duhhhh it was suppose to be a looooong weekend with the Labour Day holiday on Monday. And I got this pink eye. Where can jalan-jalan like this.
So No IJN visiting Baby Faiz ; No joining Arisan at Tante Zardi's house (I miss all the food) ; No merendek shopping for the new washing machine

Dr Sharifah (neigbourhood GP) prescribed the same medication as for Rahman and siblings. After 2 days apparently that particular medication does not agree with my eyes, the eyes swell more and more and throbbing. The right eye was completely closed (sebab sakit bila paksa buka) and I became the 1-eye mother.

Now with only 1-eye open, I was not quick enough to wake up and Gendong Uqbah for his midnight Gendong. Uqbah was not happy and out of no where, crash his hard-head into my eyes ... my already swollen eyes . uwaaaaaaaaa my pink eyes turned purple eyes ....

No photos ... to gross.

So come Wed I drove with my one-eye to Medical Center, waited for 2 hrs for my turn to see the doctor and the doctor in charge prescribed me another set of eye drops + eye ointment + antibiotik.

During the 2 hrs wait, sempat dengar ceramah perdana, from the guy sitting next to me - apparently a veteran staff, about the HOT thing now . I suspect he's with H*.

"Elok you ambik ni, lagipun you perempuan, wife, yr husband kerja kan. You ambik duit ni, settle hutang piutang and have an easy life."

Alamak that "peramah" kind soul bersemangat betul, tak sempat nak menyampuk ...

"Betul Encik, tapi kan saya baru setahun kerja kat sini, alahai seciput je lah dapatnya, lagipun saya suka kerja saya sekarang ni (walaupun kadang-kadang ^%**&^%#@ ) tapi overall OK je. "

In reality I didn't say a word, just smile and angguk-angguk. Apa-apa jelah wahai Encik M**. Mata ku berdenyut-denyut ni ...

My looong weekend turned out to be very looooooong indeed.

So sape-sape nak MC, mari sini kutip virus Pink Eye. But be careful not to turn your Pink to Purple.

13 comments:

Kaklong Syikin said...

moga cepat sembuh kak...
abi depa masa ni selamat lagilah ya drp kena pink eye tu?

nae said...

alahai...pink/purple eye le pulak. i'll drop by this evening :)

Sya said...

nak jangkit? jom pi KFC kat Alam Sentral ....

anggerik merah said...

Alamak purple pulak jadinya. Banyak bersabar. Tak lama baik lah tuuu.. Take care!

Anonymous said...

wonder what is pink eye... oh... orang Cina called "red eye" pulak.

How you got it? tak kan lar just staring at the person's eye and got it right?

get well soon, take care yah.

watersugar said...

hello kakak,

I hope you are ok now.... by now the pink eye should be back to normal right?

And I hope that it does not continues further...

TzeYing

mama23beas said...

Cian ninuk....get well soon, mata merah ok lagi kan...but part throbbing tu tak tahan.

rafiqaheliza said...

Can still blog with 1-eye? Cian kat u sis...Sakit mata mmg gross..and menyeksakan!! Hope u get well soon..

InaOK said...

Wishing you "Semoga cepat sembuh"
Blessed is a mother who tries to be super no matter how, no matter what.
Reality is : even if she's not
Super Mom/Super Woman...she IS superb anyway !!!
Happy Mother's Day

5xmom.com said...

Kahkahkah, I got orange eye. Sebab my red eye turned nasty, the doctor had to put some yellow solution into it to check and I ended up with orange eyeshadows that cover top and bottom lids. Sama perahu lah kita but mine kena quarantine from contact lense for a few weeks sebab one optometrist said 'Your mata hitam is rotting'. Ewwss...now on antibiotik and steroid drops.

UglyButAdorable said...

ooo..sian ninuk..dah baik ke?? and you're super in everyway.."wink"

Cherry said...

UBA - recovering very fast and steadily after the Opthalmologist visit. Yeap Super ... as long as not Superman lah - nanti kena pakai my red panties kat luar pulak ... malu daaa.
Lil - me not alone yea yea yea. yes that's the colour of the eyedrop they put into my eyes during the Opthalmologist visit.
InaKL - yeap ... the day will come when I be the SuperMom and wear my Red panties outside ... aaaahhh
Rafiqah - mata 1 pun boleh jadi pirate/lanun, apatah lagi blogging, peanut je tu.
Mama2beas - tq for the sympathy. i am OK with the MC though *evil me*
WaterSugar - tq tq tq for the concern. ayooo i suppose to write to you about s/thing. i owe you that.
Maria - pink or red, same family colour maaa.
Anggerik - from pink to purple and turn to orange for a while during the Ophtalmologist procedure last Monday ==== ohhh I love colours.
Sya - i selalu lepak kat Sect9 Plaza Masalam. nanti kita contact yea, my offer still stand though.
Nae - singgah jangan tak singgah.
Syikin - the father has been away in Limut. itu fasal terselamat.

famyGirl said...

ayoyoo... itu pasal ke tak reply email i?? :p

i guess takleh le nak meeting weekend ni. bagi you sembuh sepenuhnya dulu heh heh.